Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life happens

I remember a statement from whyquit.com - from when I was quiting smoking - that life will still happen without smoking - good and bad.

I've had this on my mind because of a woman I met on the OBX. She has emphysema. We talked about quiting - her asking me questions. DH was there and said I didn't get preachy, which is good, because I can get REALLY preachy about tobacco addictions.

So, she has been on my mind and in my prayers. Her words "oh, I couldn't go a day without smoking" speak so highly to the horror of this addiction.

I've had a rough couple of weeks due to the illness of a family member. Oddly, it has brought me the closest I have ever been with my mother, who has held my hand and been my strength through all of this.

And, I guess my mind goes back to addiction recovery as it is an example of one of my greatest successes in life. And, just like whyquit.com said, life has still happened, bad, and thankfully, good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment