Saturday, March 21, 2009

Visas


Yesterday morning I went to the Tanzanian Embassy to get my visa. Jeff went with me. After a false start – I had forgotten to get “proof of income” – we were on our way by 9:30 a.m. I was very uptight and that put me in full ditz mode. You see, my only previous experiences getting visas (with friends) were not good.


First there was South Africa in the late 80’s with a college boyfriend. Read: Apartheid. That was a long day.


Then there was the Japanese Embassy with a girlfriend in the early 90’s. That was like hell on earth. We spent all day there. It was so packed I was afraid to leave my seat, lest it would be snatched-up.


Flash forward to March 2009 – Tanzanian Embassy. Well, we quickly find a parking space on a side street. We walk in and we are the only people there. A smiling, HAPPY receptionist takes my papers. We even JOKE with her. Whoa…is this different from what I have seen before!

No comments:

Post a Comment