Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Full Circle



Ok, I'm trying really hard to focus on this upcoming trip to South Africa. I took this picture in August 2008 at Mdekwe Game Reserve (Etali Lodge). Cabell says he sees this picture as a metaphor for Africa. Maybe it is a metaphor for life, we climb the tree and just hang on!

But, I don't like that metaphor.

I am American. I like to believe I can chart my own course. With all the crap with my ill family member, my computer dying and trying with the aid of half of India's Customer Service to resurrect it, then dh's travel schedule, my taking on a new volunteer position on top of my other commitments and the probability that I am "Team Lead" on this trip.... I still believe in charting my own course.

Besides, like the Lizard, I like the sun. I hear it is Spring in S.A. this time of year. Its all coming full circle from where this began. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment