Friday, May 29, 2009

Sometimes the best course of action is no action at all

I must sing the praises of Capitol Travel Medicine and Georgetown University Center for Infectious Diseases - THEY ROCK!!!

Long story short...when I returned home, I had what I thought were misquito bites on my legs. One would not heal. I tried everything. Hydrogen perioxide and neosporan every day. Repeatedly.

Well....upon advice of a very wise retired MD, I went to have "eyes look on it, who know what they are seeing."

Two doctors' visits and blood work later....basically, I had either a bite from some strange African bug, or thorns or nettles had irritated my leg. In either case, I was making matters worse! Yes...by repeatedly putting so much anti-bacterial on my leg, I wouldn't heal.

Following Georgetown University's Center for Infectious Diseases advice to not do anything, my leg is beginning to heal.

So, sometimes the best course of action is NO action!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment