Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lower King

One of the things I love about living in Old Town is how much of a community it is. I know my neighbors. I meet them in the post office. I see folks I know here and there as I run around Old Town.

I even know most of the homeless folks. My favorite is the woman who over the years has changed her approach a bit. She first liked to heckle me to try and give her money. Then one summer she changed her modus operandi started complementing. Be it a pair of earrings, a skirt, the blouse I am wearing, it "looked nice" in an attempt to procure money from me.

The small townishness has a downside. Last Sunday there was a knock on our door. DH went down to answer it, assuming it was the gentleman who clears our walks when it snows. I heard him say "I don't know you and I am not giving you money." It appears someone followed me home.....

Not really unnerving, but I am not comfortable with having her show up at my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment