Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Internet...

The Bishop was diagnosed yesterday with Malaria. The Synod is tomorrow. They haven't had internet access for over a week and they do not know when it will fixed. So, my crackberry looks like the only source of internet communications for about a 100mile radius, if not more. The wireless was down at the New Dodoma Hotel-&had been for the past week. What worries me about this is the seeming trend of communications infrastructure breakdown. But, here I sit on my little device typing away (albeit with my thumbs).

It is only because my dh worked miracles and worked hard to troubleshoot my crackberry issues...from the States...that I even have this! He brilliantly had Verizon Wireless Global call me on my Tanzanian cellphone & ....10 minutes later....I am in data communications heaven! God so blessed me with this brilliant, loving, supportive man. And, three cheers for VWG....that was the best customer service I have seen in ages! Internet data communications are vital to economic success!

No comments:

Post a Comment